Most so-called “diets” are useless, can be dangerous, and are a scam to get your money.
Why should you quit to worry about your diet?
Here are 6 reasons:
- Diets are useless. Your body gets used to them and once you have stopped a diet, you gain more weight than you had before. Everybody should have heard of this Yo-Yo effect.
- Diets can be dangerous. Especially extreme diets can lead to malnutrition and severe health issues. Google is your friend (7.56 million results for Dangerous Diets).
- Diets are a scam. In most cases, somebody wants so sell you special food or expensive services. Just google for Diet Scam (currently > 10 million results) and look for trustworthy sources.
- Overweight can be caused by stress. That’s called Cushing’s Syndrome. Reduce stress instead of dieting (besides, dieting is stress, too).
- Slight overweight (BMI between 25 and 30) can increase your lifetime expectancy. This has been researched, e.g. by this study, published in JAMA. Stay sceptical. As usual, there should be a scientific controversy about that. Look out for that, too.
- Eating to much or too little is a kind of diet as well. If you are starving or force-feeding yourself, you will have to live with the consequences. Switch over to moderately “normal” eating (no 500 or 5.000 calories diet…).
- So-called “Light” products are evil. You know why.
To put it into three words: diets are waste. Cut down that waste. Empower yourself. Enjoy its simplicity:
Here is my question: How do you feel about quitting your diet? Just leave a comment.
Disclaimer: This post is no medical advice, but just an opinion.