Some time ago, I introduced an infographic that describes an integrated view on self-management. You call it holistic, if you want. At the end of this post you find the infographic again, which you will need to work on today’s exercise.
Exercise 25: For each element of the infographic, answer the following questions.
- Vision & “My Brand”: What do I want to achieve? Who am I? How do I want others to perceive me?
- Define Your Values: What is important for me?
- Strategy: How do I want to make my vision and values come true?
- Education & Training: What do I know? What are my abilities? What do I want to learn?
- (Year-End) Goals: What do I want to achieve within the next 12 months? What do I want to achieve until December?
- Organize Your Life: How do I organize my private life and my job? What are my habits and routines? How do I apply 5S? How do I manage my to-dos?
- Empower Yourself: Am I self-empowered enough? How can I improve my self-empowerment?
- Responsibility for Yourself: Do I accept my responsibilities? What am I doing to be in the driver’s seat of my life?
- Use Lean Tools and Methods: Which tools and methods from the Lean Self portfolio do I already use? Which do I want to use in the future? How can I apply visual self management?
- Pull Value: How can I pull value, instead of waiting for it? How can I make the pull continuous, instead of disruptive and in big chunks?
- Reduce Waste: Which of my actions do not create value? Which waste do I see in my life? What are the root causes for waste in my life? How can I reduce this waste?
- Improve Continuously: Do I look for improvement potential regularly? How do I organize continuous improvement? How do I measure it? What do I want to improve next?
(Right click on the image and choose “Save target as…” to download full resolution file, 2.76MB)